Various reality TV stars are accusing Bravo and NBC of “grotesque and depraved mistreatment,” among other shocking allegations… at least according to a new legal letter obtained by TMZ.
According to the gossip outlet, high profile attorneys Bryan Freedman and Mark Geragos have sent a letter to NBC, accusing the organization of “tormenting” their unnamed clients, who are all employees or contracted to Bravo, E!, and CNBC.
Here are some of the most shocking allegations, as per the TMZ report:
- Deliberate attempts to manufacture mental instability by plying cast members with alcohol while depriving them of food and sleep
- Denying mental health treatment to cast members displaying obvious and alarming signs of mental deterioration
- Exploiting minors for uncompensated and sometimes long-term appearances on NBC reality TV shows
- Distributing and/or condoning the distribution of non-consensual pornography
- Covering up acts of sexual violence
- Refusing to allow cast members the freedom to leave their shows, even under dire circumstances
As the gossip outlet points out, the lawyers have mentioned “distribution of revenge porn” but they have not elaborated on that specific allegation. The letter is demanding that NBC preserve a variety of receipts and information, including footage from various shows, with the attorneys alleging the organization has “threatened [cast members] with ruin should they decide to speak out about their mistreatment.”
Read the full letter, below.
As previously reported on TVDeets.com, former Real Housewives of New York City star Bethenny Frankel has been speaking out about her time at Bravo, requesting other reality stars join forces to unionize and this letter seems to be aligned with her priorities which makes sense considering Variety reported that Bethenny had hired the attorneys just last week.
Former Real Housewives of Atlanta star NeNe Leakes has also been speaking out against Bravo, recently telling Carlos King that she is still embroiled in a lawsuit with her former employer. Earlier this week, the RHOA icon spoke out about her own mistreatment at Bravo, revealing that all of her co-stars have experienced similar issues.