RHODurban is the second Real Housewives franchise to come out of South Africa after The Real Housewives of Johannesburg.
The Real Housewives of Durban is a bonafide hit for Showmax, with the streaming service revealing in a release that the new series broke the first-day viewing record, topping the service’s charts immediately upon its release.
RHODurban, as its known to fans, dropped its first episode on Showmax on Friday, January 29, and new episodes will subsequently premiere every Friday. Not only did the premiere break the service’s first-day viewing record, but it continues to top the charts in the days since.
“We know our reality fans come for the drama and if you’re looking for fireworks, the first episode of RHOD has it all, so we’re not surprised to see it break records,” said Candice Fangueiro, head of content at Showmax, said in a statement.
The series is the second one to air in South Africa, with The Real Housewives of Johannesburg airing two seasons on network 1Magic.
Below, meet the cast of RHODurban and get the scoop on the fabulous new entry into the famous franchise.
Meet The Real Housewives of Durban
The Real Housewives of Durban are Annie Ludick, Ayanda Ncwane, Kgomotso Ndungane, Nonkanyiso Conco, Nonku Williams, and Sorisha Naidoo. Get to know them, below:
- Owner of a luxury beauty salon called Annaesthetic, in addition to an events and marketing company, and a dance company
- Engaged and planning a wedding to businessman Kgolo Mthembu
- CEO of Ncwane Communications
- President of the Africa Gospel Awards
- Widow of gospel legend Sfiso
- Owner of events and floral business Oak Celebrations
- Has her own luxury home and body and bath product line
- Married to former Springbok Odwa Ndungane
- Owner of beauty brand Laconco Naturals
- Founder of Ashes to Beauty Winery
- Divorced mom of three
- Former Miss India South Africa
- Importers around 25 beauty products through SSBO, her company
- Wife of billionaire businessman Vivian Reddy
- Previously appeared on South African reality series Divas of Jovi back in 2016
In addition to the typical real estate and fashion glamour, the series will be one for the books in the drama department, too. If you’ve seen the premiere, you know that it ended with a bang after Nonku revealed that she had a personal connection to Ayanda and Sfiso.
How to watch Showmax’s The Real Housewives of Durban
As of right now, The Real Housewives of Durban is only available to viewers in South Africa. While hayu has previously picked up other international editions of the franchise like Melbourne and Jersey, there is no news as to whether they will be picking up RHODurban. Ditto for Bravo, the U.S. cable network behind the original franchise. Seeing as the series is such a hit in its own country is promising, however, so fingers crossed.
Watch RHODurban every Friday on Showmax and for more on The Real Housewives of Durban, visit the official website.