Brett Caprioni Releases Statement After Being Fired From ‘Vanderpump Rules’: “I Continue To Be Truly Sorry”
Brett Caprioni has released a statement since being fired from Bravo’s Vanderpump Rules, becoming the first cast member to do so since the scandal erupted.
“While I’m disappointed to no longer be part of the cast, I respect Bravo’s decision,” he told Us Weekly exclusively.
“I continue to be truly sorry for the insensitive comments I made in the past and have worked within my community to repair the damage I’ve caused,” he said. “I have learned a lot and grown from the experience but understand that it’s not enough. I will continue to do more regardless of my affiliation with VPR because it’s the right thing to do.”
As previously reported, Brett was fired along with Stassi Schroeder, Kristen Doute, and Max Boyens over past racist incidents.
Brett Caprioni has become the first Vanderpump Rules cast member to release a statement after he was fired from the show along with Stassi Schroeder, Kristen Doute, and Max Boyens. (Photo: Bravo)
When this season of Vanderpump Rules was first announced, fans became enraged after it was revealed that both Max and Brett had used racial epithets on social media in past years.
At the time, the network pushed Lisa Vanderpump to make a statement apologizing on behalf of the cast, and insiders close to the network revealed that Bravo was planning on waiting for the season to finish airing before deciding to do anything about the racism.
“Bravo and Evolution Media confirmed today that Stassi Schroeder, Kristen Doute, Max Boyens and Brett Caprioni will not be returning to Vanderpump Rules,” the network said in an official statement on June 9.
Vanderpump Rules airs Tuesdays on Bravo and Slice.